Plymouth Brethren (Exclusive Brethren) Christian Church ACN 158 542 075 (referred to as PB(EB)CC, we or our) is committed to the protection of your Personal Information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- 1. What is “Personal Information”
1.1 “Personal Information” is any information or opinion about a person, whether true or not, from which that person may be identified.
- 2. When do we collect Personal Information?
2.1 PB(EB)CC collects Personal Information to allow it to conduct its functions, provide services and to market its products. PB(EB)CC may collect Personal Information such as your name, contact details (including personal or work) and occupation when you visit our website or contact us by telephone, facsimile, email, post or filling in the contact form on our website.
2.2 PB(EB)CC may also collect Personal Information about you via third parties such as business partners. However PB(EB)CC will only collect your Personal Information in this way if it is not reasonable or practicable to collect this information directly from you.
- 3. Information collected via our website
3.1 PB(EB)CC will not collect any Personal Information about users of our website except when they knowingly provide it or as otherwise described below. For example, PB(EB)CC will collect Personal Information from users of our website when they contact us by filling in the enquiry form on our website.
Click Stream Data
3.2 When you visit and browse our website, PB(EB)CC’s website host may collect Personal Information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
3.3 Subject to clause 3.8, the Personal Information collected by our website host will not be used to identify you. The information may include:
- the number of users visiting our website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- the IP address of your computer; or
- the path taken through our website.
3.4 PB(EB)CC’s website host uses this information to administer and improve the performance of our website.
3.5 Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user’s computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns.
3.6 If you access our website, a cookie is downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive when you first log on to our website.
3.7 You can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies, however PB(EB)CC may not be able to provide you with all the services or functionality you require on our website if you choose to do so.
3.8 Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. PB(EB)CC currently does not use web beacons to track the visiting patterns of individuals accessing our website.
- 4. How PB(EB)CC uses the Personal Information it collects about you
4.1 PB(EB)CC uses the Personal Information it collects about you for our functions and activities which may include the following:
- to establish and maintain your involvement with PB(EB)CC;
- to provide you with information, products or services you have requested;
- to promote our products and services to you;
- to personalise and customise your experiences with our website;
- to register you for events, conferences or promotions;
- to help PB(EB)CC make our website, services and products more valuable to our members and the wider community;
- to communicate with you;
- to provide you with ongoing information about PB(EB)CC in which PB(EB)CC believes you may be interested;
- to give you the opportunity from time to time to receive e-mails and ‘e-newsletters’ from PB(EB)CC.
4.2 PB(EB)CC may collect and use your Personal Information for other purposes not listed above. If we do so, we will make it known to you at the time we collect and/or use your Personal Information.
- 5. To whom we disclose your Personal Information
5.1 Depending on the nature of your engagement with PB(EB)CC, we may disclose your Personal Information to related entities of PB(EB)CC, third parties that provide products and services to PB(EB)CC or directly to you (at your request), fulfilment houses, distributors and other third parties such as your referee(s).
5.2 PB(EB)CC may also disclose your Personal Information to our website host or software application providers in certain limited circumstances, for example when our website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner.
- 6. Marketing
6.1 PB(EB)CC may use your Personal Information to provide you with promotional material about PB(EB)CC or the services and products offered by PB(EB)CC. If you do not wish to receive promotional information, you can contact our Privacy Officer in any of the ways specified in clause 9.1, so that your name can be removed from our contact lists.
- 7. Finding out what Personal Information PB(EB)CC holds about you
7.1 You are entitled to access Personal Information that PB(EB)CC holds about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles. If PB(EB)CC refuses your request to access your Personal Information, it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
7.2 A request for access can be made by contacting PB(EB)CC’s Privacy Officer in any of the ways specified in clause 9.1.
- 8. Updating, storage and security of Personal Information held by PB(EB)CC
8.1 PB(EB)CC aims to keep your Personal Information secure and up to date. Any Personal Information that is collected via our website or which is held on PB(EB)CC’s computer systems is protected by safeguards including physical, technical (eg firewalls, SSL encryptions for data transmission etc) and procedural methods.
8.3 You can update your contact and Personal Information at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer in any of the ways specified in clause 9.1. If we find that we have no further need for your Personal Information we will remove it from our system and destroy all record of it. PB(EB)CC welcomes any changes to your details so as to keep our records up to date.
- 9. What to do if you have a question, problem or complaint about our use of your Personal Information
phone: 1300 780 858
email: [email protected]
write to: 100 Wharf Rd, Ermington, NSW, 2115, AUSTRALIA